I seem to have a swollen lymph node(s) in my neck. If i turn my head it aches. If i swallow it hurts a little. Should i see my doctor?

Dr. Thomas Rayson
Pathology

In brief: Wait three weeks

This is probably a benign swollen lymph node from an infection perhaps a virus or skin infection it is less likely to be lymphoma or tumor. However if it persists for more than three weeks you should see your doctor.

In brief: Wait three weeks

Dr. Thomas Rayson
Dr. Thomas Rayson
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care

In brief: Monitoring Centers

Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food.
Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph for anything bad like bacteria, viruses, cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.

In brief: Monitoring Centers

Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Steven Seres