Is it safe to take butalbital and metoprolol together?

Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: For migraines

Metoprolol may be used to decrease attacks of migraine and butalbital along with tylenol, (acetaminophen) Aspirin or caffeine may be used to relive pain from an attack.
I think it should be okay to use them together if need arises. Be aware that butalbital may have an addictive potential.

In brief: For migraines

Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Francine Yep

In brief: Yes but watch

You can use both butalbital and metoprolol together but keep an eye out.
Adding butalbital may make your metoprolol not work as well because it can decrease the metoprolol in your blood. Good job on being mindful!

In brief: Yes but watch

Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Eric Weisman