Doctor listened to my lungs and said i was not wheezing but based on my cough noise he said i had bronchitis and croup. Why didn't i get an xray?

In brief: No need

Because it won't show anything.

In brief: No need

Because it won't show anything.
Dr. Ecaterina Sartina
Dr. Ecaterina Sartina
Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
A great clincal exam what is needed for most patients with bronchitis. Your doctor is more likely to order an xray if you continue to have symptoms, are not responding to therapy.
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Trust exam of dr.

Croup and bronchitis are usually caused by viral infections.
if physician confident on exam that there is no pneumonia or complication of bronchitis or croup, xray not be needed. If do not respond to conservative therapy can always get chest radiograph.

In brief: Trust exam of dr.

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Kerrie Pinkney
Palliative Care

In brief: Not necessary

An x-ray is not always necessary.
If your doctor heard normal breath sounds throughout your chest, there is no need to expose you to radiation needlessly.

In brief: Not necessary

An x-ray is not always necessary.
Dr. Kerrie Pinkney
Dr. Kerrie Pinkney
Dr. Rashed Hasan
Board Certified, Pediatrics - Critical Care