Ear infection gone (or is better) I have lost some hearing and have ringing in my year is there fluid left when fluid leaves will i return to normal?

Dr. Alan Levine

In brief: Most likely

Up to half of all people with a properly treated ear infection will have residual fluid in the middle ear space.
This fluid often will muffle sounds and cause hearing loss at some frequency. Once the cause of the infection (ie, a cold) has resolved and the swelling of the tube between the throat and the ear improved, your hearing should definitely improve. If not, see your doctor.

In brief: Most likely

Dr. Alan Levine
Dr. Alan Levine
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine