What's the best way to deal with fatigue from sjogrens?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Fatigue common.

Fatigue is the most common extraglandular manifestion of sjogren's.
I presented a paper at the acr meeting in 2007 showing that Modafinil at doses of 100-200mg/day was remakably effective. An article, forthcoming, by myself and colleagues, in clincal pharmacology, will have much more detail. You can read the abstract by googling namey & modafinil. It will have my abstract!

In brief: Fatigue common.

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. John Goldman
But also consider that fatigue can be present for other reeasons. The best therapy can also include sleep evaluation and exercise.
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Need to know more

You need to define why you have the fatigue.
Is it due to the sjogren's? What are the manifestations of the sjogrens that cause fatigue: anemia? Lung disease? Kidney disease? Etc. Many people have fatigue because they don't sleep well. Be cetrtain that a sleep evaluation is done. It could be sleep apnea or restless legs syndrome. It might not be related to the sjogren's. Ask the doctor.

In brief: Need to know more

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman