Is fixation of hip fracture is better than total hip replacement?

It depends. It depends on many things. What is the age of the patient? Is there pre-existing arthritis? What is the type of fracture? Most of the time, if you can preserve the normal bone and cartilage it is better than metal and plastic. For elderly, they already have arthritis or the bone is too soft for screws, etc. So the best option is a replacement.
Hip fracture. Each fracture has its own personality. If there is a femoral neck fracture with significant acetabular arthritis, then the total hip is a better choice. If not, then either unipolar/bipolar is good for displaced neck fracture. If nondisplaced valgus or inter troch, then orif vs im nail.