My toddler says her bottom hurts when shes about to go potty, & at 1st I thought it was because she was constipated but now shes not but still hurts.?

Dr. Troy Reyna
Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: Fissure

If she ever was constipated she may have suffered a mild rectal tear.These can heal slowly but with a stool softener it should heal in 6-12 weeks.

In brief: Fissure

Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Memory

Children are very smart with long memories.
It may have really hurt when she was constipated and now she remembers that and may be saying it hurts as she feels stool pushing at the rectum. If her poops are not hard or huge and she can pass them uneventfully, i would put vaseline on her anus a couple times a day. It is simple and tell her it is to keep it from hurting. If continues, see your doctor.

In brief: Memory

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
you are welcome
Dr. Peter Kurzweil