Can an infant (1~12 months) take tylenol (acetaminophen) or Advil when having fever?

Fever friend or foe? Any young infant with a fever (temp >100.4 r) should be seen right away.More important than treating the fever, is knowing what is causing it.Your child's health status, such as alertness, hydration, etc need to be assessed.You should always contact a health professional for advice of when and whatg meds to use.
Yes. Acetamenophen: neonates 10-15 mg/kg every 6-8 hours for max of 60 mg/kg/day. Infants/children: 10-15 q 4-6, >12 yrs is 325-650 q 4-6 hrs with max of 4 grams/day. Ibuprofen: 6-12 months is 5-10 mg/kg every 6-8 hrs for children. Follow the label and if in doubt, talk with your pediatrician/pcp or ask your pharmacist.
Tyelenol yes. Ask your doctor what dose of tyelenol is ok to give your 2mo infant. I usually advise my patients that if their baby, 1mo or younger has a fever of 100.4, that they more than likely need to be seen. I recommend Motrin after the age of 6mo, and again it depends on the baby's weight.