Am I at high risk if breast cancer is on my fathers side.?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: +Risk but not High

The hereditary form of breast cancer may be passed on through your father's or mother's side of the family.
Your risk is determined by the number of relatives affected and their age at diagnosis. There is a simple blood test to determine this called the braca analysis. We recommend testing the affected family member(s) first.

In brief: +Risk but not High

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
2 comments
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
great answer! Wishing you'all the best.
Dr. Seema Patel
there is also the gail risk scoring test that breast surgeons use to assess risk that you can try
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery

In brief: Father-breast cancer

Your father's side of the family can play a significant role in the development of breast cancer.
It is important to know which family members and the age at diagnosis. You can contact a breast center for risk assessment.

In brief: Father-breast cancer

Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Regina Hampton