My mid ear canal infection was discovered after a flight home impaired part my hearing. Its now the 8th of 10 days im on biaxin (clarithromycin) w no improvement. Why?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Seros otitis media
More than likely you have sterile fluid in the middle ear.
This can last for some time. You are not equalizing the pressure on each side of the middle ear. The eustachian tube is not functioning well and equalizing the pressure. There are some exercises to help with this and some medications to help. Give it a bit of time and if not responding, see an ent. You may end up with a tube placed.

In brief: Seros otitis media
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Stuffy, no drainage
Sometimes nasal steroids, decongestants are given to shrink passages, allow drainage.
Fluids help, expectorants to thin out mucus help. Bad case sometimes get oral steroids, occasionally tubes. See ent.

In brief: Stuffy, no drainage
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Keegan Duchicela