Can stress cause stomach aches?

Absolutely. Many people carry their stress in the stomach. Anxiety and stress are frequent causes of abdominal pain and discomfort. If you have sifnificant problems, see your pcp, GI doc and perhaps a mental health provider. There are things to do. Biofeedback may help. Medications may help. Self actualization may help. Yoga may help. Good luck.
Stress & Stomach. In short - yes! Stress is a normal part of life and not necessarily bad. But, when it gets too high, physical clues to elevated stress can happen. An upset stomach is one such clue. Headaches, muscle tension or pain, loose bowels, and poor sleep are also physical clues to excessively-elevated stress levels.