Can I have a baby normal after a c section?

Mike Moore
In brief: Yes, but concerns
Vaginal birth after c section = vbac, is often medically possible.
After a c-section, the uterus has a scar from healing, that is the major concern. Even though the scar may not look bad before the uterus stretches, as your uterus expands for the growing fetus, the scarred area may become thin, with higher risk of tearing during contractions. Some hospitals decide that the legal risks are too high.

In brief: Yes, but concerns
Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
VBAC may be possible depending on the cause of the first C section and the type of incision done on the uterus.If the initial condition is not present in the next pregnancy, there is approximately a 70% success rate for a vaginal delivery. Dr. Grobman have developed a VBAC calculator that you might want to look at.
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: What is normal?
When almost 40% of us babies are born via c-section, one has to wonder what is normal delivery nowadays.
I presume you are asking about vbac (vaginal birth after cesarean); that is a viable option for women with one prior lower uterine transverse scar of normal weight for height and desirous of at least two more pregnancies after their c-section. Risks with vbac are mostly fetal - dicsuss with md!

In brief: What is normal?
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham