I wake up and my finger tips and toes are numb. What causes this?

Dr. R Sangal
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine
In brief: Numbness on waking
When you are sleeping, there is reduced movements.
Sometimes, one may lie in a position that compresses some nerves for hours, or compresses blood vessels that supply these nerves. These nerves then do not function properly, and there can be a sensation of numbness or tingling, even pain. With movement after you wake up, the pressure is released, and function rapidly returns to normal.

In brief: Numbness on waking
Dr. R Sangal
Dr. R Sangal
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Peripheral neuropath
These symptoms are indicative of a peripheral neuropathy.
Diabetes and a variety of nutritional and vitamin deficiencies can cause it. You should see your doc.

In brief: Peripheral neuropath
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology