I have a breast lump on the outer right, by the year 2009 I have undergone mammogram and found out the size was 4/4/10mm. Is there any cure for this?

Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology

In brief: I'm not exactly

sure what the question is asking.
Is there an enlarging breast lump? It needs to be evaluated by your doctor. Was it only seen on the 2009 mammo? Was there any follow-up?

In brief: I'm not exactly

sure what the question is asking.
Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Eric Brown
Breast Surgery

In brief: Lumps are not always

Even no cancerous, benign lumps can grow.
If not already done, you should have a clinical evaluation and an ultrasound. Don't assume this is cancer. If the mass is solid it should be biopsies - preferred method: core biopsy.

In brief: Lumps are not always

Dr. Eric Brown
Dr. Eric Brown
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Depend on what it is

You need to get more evaluation.
Definitely, a repeat mammogram should be done as well as an ultrasound of the breast. Biopsy to the mass will be the best thing to really tell you what the nodule is- whether it is malignant or benign. Judging from the size, if this were a malignant nodule- providing there is no evidence of spreading anywhere- it is curable. You need to know first what it is.

In brief: Depend on what it is

You need to get more evaluation.
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Steve Martinez
Breast Surgery

In brief: What is it?

The next step once a lump in the breast is felt is proving that it is not cancer.
This will require an examination by your doctor and possibly additional testing such as a ultrasound. Ultimately, a biopsy will be necessary, and referral to a breast surgery specialist. Take the first step, though. See your doctor.

In brief: What is it?

Dr. Steve Martinez
Dr. Steve Martinez
Dr. Jane Van Dis