Can babies get athletes foot? 0-12m

Dr. Rodrigo Argenal
Atheletes foot is a fungal infection of the skin mostly secondary to feet being humid for long periods of time.
It is less common in infants because their feet are usually kept bare or with only socks, but possible.

Dr. Rodrigo Argenal
Dr. Rodrigo Argenal
Dr. Bryan Levey
Babies can get fungal infections of the skin, which is what "athlete's foot" is.

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: Can they? yes
Is it common? No.
For adults it is common - but we walk around in shoes and socks and the feet are not exposed to light. Babies are not subjugated to the same conditions. I would make sure to show the pediatrician what you are looking at.

In brief: Can they? yes
Is it common? No.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine