I am animic and am very fatigued. Should I take iron? If so, is it bad for my liver or will it make me constipated, which I already have problems w

Dr. Troy Reyna
Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: Depends

Anemia can have a variety of causes.
Only one of them is iron deficiency. Additional iron or the amt of iron in a once a day vitamin is safe and not excessive enough to cause constipation.

In brief: Depends

Anemia can have a variety of causes.
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Possibly

A very common causes of anemia in women is iron deficiency.
If a physician has confirmed that one has iron deficiency anemia, taking iron supplements (in addition to eating foods that are rich in iron) is the proper treatment. Iron can be constipating so i suggest ferro-sequels, an iron supplement that tends to be more gentle and less constipating. Iron at normal doses will not harm the liver.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Vicken Poochikian