My dentist wants to put me on gas when I have my tooth pulled out, but i'm scared the needle will still hurt while i get numbed, will i feel anything?

Dr. Scott Goldberg
Dentistry

In brief: Nitrous Oxide

Nitrous oxide (gas) will take the edge off and enable a smooth transition to anesthetic delivery.
Ask your provider about using a topical jelly prior to injection. Good technique, and the above suggestions should guarantee you a comfortable experience at the dentist.

In brief: Nitrous Oxide

Dr. Scott Goldberg
Dr. Scott Goldberg

In brief: No/yes

If your on nitrous oxide you really don't feel as much.
You mind is somewhat asleep. You can hear the doctor to to you and can feel them move you. However you level of pain threshold is higher to a degree . It's more like you don't care.

In brief: No/yes

Dr. Richard Charmoy
Dr. Richard Charmoy
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Little to none

The "gas" (sweet air or laughing gas) works wonders by relaxing you, numbing your senses and making the entire procedure quick and easy.
Most patients love the feeling and are surprised how much it helps them. Normally, you either won't feel anything or at worst a quick pinch similar to a mosquito bite. Most of my patient tell me "that was it?" after the end of treatment. Think positive!

In brief: Little to none

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler

In brief: Not much

Nitrous oxide gas, or 'laughing gas', not only makes you feel super dandy, it also provides a pain relieving effect.
So although getting a shot is not pleasant, the gas will not only make you feel groovy, it will probably also lessen the sensation of the needle. So trust your dentist, breathe in the gas, and relax!

In brief: Not much

Dr. J. Blake Perkins
Dr. J. Blake Perkins
Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dentistry

In brief: Possibly

Don't you think that it is a bit illogical to think that you won't feel anything with a surgical procedure.
It sounds like your dentist is trying to do whatever is possible to alleviate your concerns so just go with it.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dr. Adam Smith