Multiple thyroid nodules some are very large & others are attached to my vocal cords. Hard to swallow , swollen neck & painful, took raditn pill. 3 yrs ago. Help?

Dr. Alan Feldman
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: See endocrinologist

You did not mention if you had an overactive thyroid 3 years ago when given radioactive iodine.
I assume your thyroid levels are normal now. If you still have large thyroid nodules, and symptoms related to it, you may need surgery to effectively deal with the problem. It is best to see an endocrinologist for a complete evaluation of your thyroid.

In brief: See endocrinologist

Dr. Alan Feldman
Dr. Alan Feldman
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: See your doc

Large thyroid nodules should be biopsied to rule out possibility of cancer.
See your doc to get this done. If you already have compressive symptoms, surgery is an option for you as well. Good luck.

In brief: See your doc

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Need biopsy

You need to see an ear nose and throat specialist and have a biopsy of the thyroid nodule.
Cancer should be ruled out especially on that very large nodules. Also, even if there is no evidence of malignancy-due to the symptoms that you are experiencing- hard to swallow, pain , likely from mass compression- a surgical approach should probably be done. Go to see an ENT and f/u with endocrinologist.

In brief: Need biopsy

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine