Without a prescription, what over-the-counter med can cure ringworm?

Dr. Andrew Oswari

In brief: Lotrimin (clotrimazole)

Extra strength lotrimin (clotrimazole) or anti fungal creams for athletes foot will be useful to get rid of ringworm as well.

In brief: Lotrimin (clotrimazole)

Dr. Andrew Oswari
Dr. Andrew Oswari
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Athletes foot creams

Ringworm, despite its name, is not a worm but a fungal infection.
Treatment with an anti-fungal cream, such as Lamisil (terbinafine) or other athletes foot medication can be effective in treating ringworm. I recommend that patients use these creams "twice as long." in other words, use it until symptoms are gone, then continue using it for the same length of time it took to resolve. See your doctor if no better.

In brief: Athletes foot creams

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng