Having pain in upper abdomen. Negative for gallstones and normal hida scan. What else could it be?

GI. Next step in workup would be to see a gastroenterologist for further workup. They will need to rule out stomach ulcers, pancreatitis, etc...
Many things. Pain in upper abdomen can because by different organs in region. The pancreas with pancreatic, stomach with gastritis or ulcer, duodenum with duodeniti or ulcer, large bowel with colitis, and esophagus with eophagitis and reflux can cause upper abdominal pain. Endoscopy of the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum often reveals the problem. Should be referred to gasroenterologist if symptoms continue.
Stomach. The discomfort may be related to a stomach issue. Resee your doctor.