I had a lower colonoscopy and the doctors found nothing abnormal.I still have a fair amount of blood after going the toilet.Should I go back ?

Dr. Scott Browning
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Colorectal Surgeon

The bleeding you describe (despite a normal colonoscopy, which does not view the anal canal well) is most likely the result of either internal hemorrhoids or an anal fissure, both of which are often easily treated.
I would strongly advise you to see a colorectal surgeon who can diagnose the problem and most likely treat it with either medication or a simple office procedure.

In brief: Colorectal Surgeon

Dr. Scott Browning
Dr. Scott Browning
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Likely hemorrhoids

If you had a colonoscopy is likely that you have only benign causes of rectal bleeding like hemorroids, or diverticulosis.
Unfortunately bleeding hemorroids is recurrent and has no good treatment. Ask the dr if he found hemorrhoids and if he things they need treatment like banding, fulguration or surgery. Unless pt has a severe painful clotted hemorrhoids most treatments fail.

In brief: Likely hemorrhoids

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Andrew Oswari

You need to find the source of bleeding.
It could be higher up in the colon or even new hemorrhoids that weren't there before.

Dr. Andrew Oswari
Dr. Andrew Oswari
Dr. Andrea Brand