What is green laser treatment for prosate cancer?

For BPH. Greenlight laser ablation of the prostate is normally used for treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy after medical management has failed. Its use in treatment of prostate cancer would not offer a cure, but would be useful in relieving obstructive symptoms in men who have received treatment other than surgery (i.e., radiation or hormonal therapy).
BPH treatment. The greenlight laser is a treatment for benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) and not for prostate cancer. A cysctoscopy is performed and the laser is used to vaporize the obstructing prostate tissue so that urinary symptoms and bladder emptying are improved.
A new way to TURP. Turp, trans urethral resection of the prostate, is done to relieve boo (bladder outlet obstruction) don't you love the acronyms! its done for urgency, frequency, inability to postpone, decreased urinary stream and signs that the bladder retains urine. Commonly anti-alpha meds (tamsulosin, terazocin) is tried. Good for BPH or cancer; might still need turp!
Not for cancer. Green light laser therapy is a proprietary laser treatment for benign prostatic enlargement with the signs and symptoms of bladder outlet obstruction. (bph). This technology is about 12 years old and uses laser energy to remove prostate tissue that may be blocking the flow of urine. This is not a cancer treatment.