I have fibrocystic breasts but can feel a strange lump that feels ike a hard long string / cord like at the bottom of my breast. What could it be?

A few possibilities. Given your age and history you need a physical exam and imaging of your breast. While this is most likely benign, you want to be assured this is not something more serious. A simple exam with a mammogram and likley ultrasound should easily confirm the diagnosis.
Likely b9 but see md. Likely this is nothing significant with your history of sense breast tissue, however if this is something new and it persists or is worrisome to you then I should get evaluated by your regular doctor or gyn. If u are 40yo or older you might consider getting a mammogram or ultrasound. Discuss next steps with your regular doc.