Im 28 and had panic and anxiety prob. Can my heart get damaged bc of thaf? I think I have a heart condition and im worried.

Dr. Paul Schwartz
In brief: Not likely
Panic attacks do not generally adversely affect cardiac function.
However, longstanding anxiety and distress likely increases the risk for coronary artery disease. Also, some individuals with new onset panic attacks actually have mitral valve prolapse--a condition of the heart valves that may require specific treatment in order to reduce the risk of embolic complications (e.g. Strokes).

In brief: Not likely
Dr. Paul Schwartz
Dr. Paul Schwartz
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Don't worry about your heart but do get appropriate treatment. Panic disorder is very treatable by psychiatric medication and therapy. Don't just rely upon medication as both are needed for remission of sx
Dr. Horacio Capote
In brief: Don't Worry
Presumably you've had a physical evaluation & they told you nothing is wrong with your heart.
The symptoms of panic are caused by the unleashing of adrenaline that occurs with the body's emergency response. Over many years they may have cardiovascular consequences & at any rate vastly decrease your quality of life. Talk to your doc. Try yoga, tai chi, or meditation. Exercise & avoid caffeine.

In brief: Don't Worry
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology