I've had puffiness and dry skin under my left eye for a month now. It seems like its getting worse. And lotion makes it sting. Any suggestions?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Inflammation

The fact that the problem is limited to one eyelid leans toward either a mild infection.
It can also be caused by inflammatory conditions and allergies, and may be prolonged or made worse by the use of lotions. I suggest you see an eye doctor or dermatologist to evaluate the eyelid and start you on the appropriate treatment.

In brief: Inflammation

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Mark Golden
Ophthalmology

In brief: Eye lid irritation

Swollen irritated eyes are common.
They are more common in those with dry irritated eyes because people tend to rub their lids when the eyes are uncomfortable. I would start with lubricating tear drops to make the eye comfortable and then add an ointment like vaseline to treat the lid. If this does not get better, i suggest that you seek the care of an ophthalmologist.

In brief: Eye lid irritation

Swollen irritated eyes are common.
Dr. Mark Golden
Dr. Mark Golden