When should I start weaning my child off of the pacifier?

In brief: Did she need...

It really has very little to do with age.
Did she need the pacifier in the first place? If pacifier removal really causes distress to the child, i'd remember the words of one of my old mentors who spoke about thumbsucking (but applies to binkies as well): "leave them alone. An orthodontist is cheaper than a psychiatrist.".

In brief: Did she need...

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz

In brief: Between one and two

I set a goal that the child should be weaned from the bottle, breast or pacifier by the age of two years.
By that time the sucking reflex is extinguish and it is a habit. In addition deformity of the mouth can develop with prolonged nipple exposure.

In brief: Between one and two

Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Shontae Buffington