Is biological homeopathic medicines can also be the treatment of stage 4 lung cancer?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Not a good plan

With stage 4 lung cancer, using homeopathy alone is likely to be ineffective.
I agree with my colleague that you need collaborative care for this illness. Done well, homeopathy can help strengthen you and deal with deep level disturbances that may ultimately express in cancer. Although serious, the cancer is only one branch of a tree with roots. Homeopathy deals with the roots.

In brief: Not a good plan

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Loki Skylizard
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Not really

No! while i support natural and healthy choices in overall plan of care, this should not be in exclusion of a comprehensive multidisciplinary thoracic surgical oncology program. Lung cancer is lethal, few things more lethal than stage 4 lung cancer. You should have honest and open discussion with your family and comprehensive cancer team of goals and expectations.

In brief: Not really

Dr. Loki Skylizard
Dr. Loki Skylizard
Dr. Loki Skylizard
I support using as natural as possible approaches to health care. But, I can not caution patients enough about serious consequences to improper choices in care. We have numerous examples of tragedy in cancer care. We need only look to Steve Jobs of Apple... he stated his regret at choosing "natural" treatments over traditional medicines. You can look at Farrah Fawcett. She so wanted to avoid a colostomy and so wanted to avoid hair loss. She sought lesser therapies. Those were her choices. But, in the end, she went back to the "hard chemo", lost her hair, and in the video was medicated, sedated, and laying in a dark room after numerous painful interventions attempting to regain control of her cancer. It is hard to argue Steve Jobs and Farrah Fawcett had an easier and/or better path or outcome in their cancer care choices. So, please, discuss with your family and your cancer team, and make the choices with your eyes wide open.
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery