I feel dizzy after i took remeron (mirtazapine) and alprazolam last night. Is it a normal symptom?I need to be energetic to do all my works.

Dr. William Newton
Pain Management

In brief: Side Effect

Both of these medications can cause central nervous system side effects and in combination could cause dizziness.
Discuss with your doc.

In brief: Side Effect

Discuss with your doc.
Dr. William Newton
Dr. William Newton
Dr. Ladislav Volicer
Psychiatry - Geriatric

In brief: Stop alprazolam

You probably have an anxiety but Remeron (mirtazapine) should be able to control it without alprazolam.

In brief: Stop alprazolam

Dr. Ladislav Volicer
Dr. Ladislav Volicer
Mike Moore

In brief: Normal side effect.

Dizziness or lightheaded feelings after taking Remeron (mirtazapine) and Alprazolam is an expected side effect of those medications.
You shouldn't take those when you need full attention, like working with machinery or driving. Talk to the physician who prescribed them for you.

In brief: Normal side effect.

Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
Dr. Krishna Kumar

In brief: Medication effects

I understand your need to be energetic.
Both Remeron and Alprazolam can cause dizziness. Using Alprazolam with Remeron may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Reflect: •Need for Remeron and Alprazolam •Stressors in life causing Anxiety and Depression •Use of Alcohol •To see Psychiatrist for medication side effects and interaction; Therapy

In brief: Medication effects

I understand your need to be energetic.
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Eric Weisman