Does pain blocks help when u have RA in lower back I have 4did not jelp mine tbey said I had to hsve more or they want give me mine pain meds?

Dr. David Edsall
Anesthesiology
In brief: RA is systemic
If you have rheumatoid arthritis steroids given anywhere (I.
V. I.M.P.O epidural) may help you feel better. You should be managed by arthritis specialist. But you can have RA and a back problem. So dr r is right if your back is not an RA problem. If it is a casued by RA as you state then an epidural steroid is probably not appropriate.

In brief: RA is systemic
Dr. David Edsall
Dr. David Edsall
Dr. Scott Roethle
Anesthesiology
In brief: Probably not
If a couple of epidural steroid injections haven't helped, it is unlikely that others will help.
If you have rheumatoid arthritis, your problem is likely not amenable to epidural steroids and may require pain meds, physical therapy, and/or surgery, depending on the problem. Talk to a neurosurgeon and your rheumatologist.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Scott Roethle
Dr. Scott Roethle
Dr. John Stork
Anesthesiology
In brief: Not often
More commonly of use with osteoarthritis or spinal stenosis.
Blocks are also often transient, although sometimes there may be a prolonged response. Ra usually requires specific systemic medications.

In brief: Not often
Dr. John Stork
Dr. John Stork
Dr. William Forsythe