Why does my foot hurt bad after it got the ingrown toenail removed by a doctor befour the nail even grew all the way back a sharp pain?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Follow up

With the doctor who performed the procedure.
Sometimes, there may be a piece of nail that was not removed, other times a cyst may of developed where the procedure was performed.

In brief: Follow up

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass

In brief: Residual nail

When toe pain persists after ingrown toenail removal, I am suspicious whether a nail spicule was left.
Even the best doctor can sometimes miss a small nail fragment. Another possibility is infection, either of the skin or underlying bone. Either way, have it checked by your podiatrist...Don't play doctor.

In brief: Residual nail

Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Permanent procedure

If a permanent removal procedure such as matrixectomy or a phenol and alcohol procedure is performed appropriately the recurrence rate is relatively low.

In brief: Permanent procedure

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery