I have red bumps on the side and front of my tongue (look like pimples). My gums are also really sensitive and swollen. What could this be?

Dr. John DeWolf
Dentistry

In brief: Several things

It could be a localized allergic response to a particular food or it could be the consequence of poor oral hygiene over time.
Get it looked at by a dentist who can help you figure it out and rule out less common but potentially more serious possibilities.

In brief: Several things

Dr. Zahid Ahmed
Dentistry

In brief: Need eval

A proper dental exam will provide an accurate assessment of what the lesions are.
Most innocent lesions in the mouth will resolve within 2 weeks. The possibilities include something viral or perhaps auto-immune in origin. It is possible that the swollen gums and "pimples" may or may not be linked. Try to identify things that make it better/worse and keep track of how long the lesions are present.

In brief: Need eval