I am experiencing pain under my armpits down to the breasts..I hear if there is pain then I shouldn't worry about breast cancer so what could that be?

In brief: Pain
Several questions must be answered before diagnosis can be made [exam also necesssary]: what initiates the pain? What makes it better? Is it throbbing, constant, intermittent, stabbing? How intense on a scale of 1-10? How long does it last each time? How often occurring? Any lumps in armpits? Any back trouble? Is the skin normal? Age of the patient? Any health issues? Any medicines prescribed?

In brief: Pain
Dr. Kathryn Wagner
Dr. Kathryn Wagner
2 comments
Dr. Barry Rosen
I think that many people are under the misconception that breast pain indicates a benign process. While it is true that breast cancers CAN be painless, they can also be PAINFUL.
Dr. Kathryn Wagner
Is there a lump in the skin where you shave? I've had some patients use that newer kind of deodorant that squishes up through the holes not just a smooth solid, and it blocked the hair follicle after shaving causing ingrown hair and infection or infected sweat glands.
Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Ligament strain?
Since you have symptoms on both sides, i'm not worried about breast cancer.
Have you been exercising your arms/chest? If so, you could have a muscle strain. Women with large breasts can also develop a strain of cooper's ligaments, which causes pain in the armpits to chest/breasts. If this sounds like you, try wearing a more supportive bra. See your doctor if things don't improve.

In brief: Ligament strain?
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery
In brief: Normal breast tissue
Breast tissue extends into the armpit.
It is common to experience pain here as fibrocystic change (fcc). Fcc is the most common cause of breast pain. It is less common for breast cancer to cause pain-but not impossible. You should get evaluated by your doctor to be certain.

In brief: Normal breast tissue
Breast tissue extends into the armpit.
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham