After failure IVF and stopping progesteron, when I can get period and how much time should I wait before trying another round ivf?

Dr. Samuel Pauli
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Soon, See Your REI

Your period should start soon after stopping progesterone, usually within a week.
It is important after a failed ivf cycle to meet back with our re to discuss any improvements or changes for another cycle. Most people are able to try again with the following cycle.

In brief: Soon, See Your REI

Dr. Samuel Pauli
Dr. Samuel Pauli
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Next IVF time

Let me add to dr pauli's comments that we usually have a rest month after ivf.
For one reason, the ovaries usually still have residual follicles and also experience suggests that back-to-back cycles are less successful. We rarely have to delay cycles beyond 1 rest cycle. I totally agree that a cycle review with your rei is important before another try.

In brief: Next IVF time

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Joshua Klein
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Ask your RE doc

Most women will get a period within 2-7 days of stopping Progesterone after a failed ivf.
Most re's will want you to wait at least one cycle (meaning the next period that comes after the period you get 2-7 days after stopping progesterone) before you try another round of ivf, but some feel differently, and there is no clear right approach. Sorry you're in this position, but good luck next time!

In brief: Ask your RE doc

Dr. Joshua Klein
Dr. Joshua Klein
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham