I had a MRI of my knee which showed patella tendonosis and bursitis had it for 14yrs can it be treated? If so how doing p/t and exercises .

Dr. David Graybill
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: P/T & NSAI

Pain in the patellar tendon is usally an overuse problem. The mainstay of treatment is pt or home exercise, antinflamitories & bracing .
However 14 years of pain is not typical. If ypu have not seen an orthopedist, i suggest you do and you may benefit from an mri. Occasionally there is a surgical problem present tesponsible for pain in the anterior knee.Good luck.

In brief: P/T & NSAI

Dr. David Graybill
Dr. David Graybill
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine