Is it necessary to send samples for pathology tests with an ingrown toenail?  also I lost feeling after procedure, is this normal?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: One would send
The sample to pathology if you were trying to figure out if something was wrong i.
E if there is fungus or if you suspected some type of malignancy. I believe the feeling you lost - will come back. There is anesthetic in the injection and this will numb your toe.

In brief: One would send
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
In brief: Not always
If it was thought the nail was also fungus then a fungal culture may be in order. The numbness should go away after the anesthetiic from the procedure wears off.

In brief: Not always
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: No
No need for pathology for ingrown toe nail.
If you lost feeling you might have peripheral neuropathy - if you are diabetic have someone examine your feet for any lesions once a week and take vitamin B12 supplements daily.

In brief: No
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery