Can you take biaxin (clarithromycin) & clomid? My husband & I are on biaxin (clarithromycin) and scheduled for IUI next week. Will this affect sperm or egg quality?

Dr. Joseph Pena
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Probably ok

Unlikely to affect sperm or egg quality.

In brief: Probably ok

Dr. Joseph Pena
Dr. Joseph Pena
Dr. Joshua Klein
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Should be OK

Biaxin (clarithromycin) is an antibiotic that has not been shown to have adverse effects on sperm or egg quality.
It is a "category c" for pregnancy, which means it has not been proven to be dangerous but also has not been proven to be safe, so discuss how long you need to be on this medication with your doctor, in the hope that you will get pregnant next week! good luck!

In brief: Should be OK

Dr. Joshua Klein
Dr. Joshua Klein
Dr. Adam Levy