Is double jointed/hypermobility hips common? I can pop my hips out. It never hurts and i know it's not something wrong cause others can do it too.

Dr. Bradford Landry
Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Yes, sort of...

People can have hypermobility in their hips but "popping them out" in terms of dislocating takes significant force, causing severe pain and difficulty walking.
Many people "pop" their necks, fingers, etc (likely related to gas moving in and out of the joint), or have a condition such as snapping hip syndrome. If painful, get checked out by a physiatrist, sports medicine physician or orthopedist

In brief: Yes, sort of...

Dr. Bradford Landry
Dr. Bradford Landry
Dr. Peter Ihle
A party trick. Involves snapping the fascia lata over the trochanteric prominence of the hip. Stop it if U develop a trochanteric bursitis, it won't B fun.
Dr. Bradley Butkovich
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Not common

But it is not unusual.
Typically people who are hypermobile such as yourself can do some interesting tricks with their joints, such as bend their elbows backwards 20 degrees. Touch their shoulder blades together, bend the tip of their thumb to touch their forearm and other things. It is not a sign of anything pathologic. I wouldn't necessarily recommend subluxating your hips though.

In brief: Not common

But it is not unusual.
Dr. Bradley Butkovich
Dr. Bradley Butkovich
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine