I'm suffering frm chronic calcific pancreatititis and diabetes mellitus. I'm 28yrs. What's the future treatment.

Dr. Alan Feldman
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Unknown

Many people who develop diabetes as a result of pancreatitis require Insulin for treatment.
This is because the beta cells that make Insulin are located in the pancreas, and are injured by pancreatitis. Loss of sufficient beta cells causes type 1 diabetes. It is important to control blood sugars to prevent long term complications of diabetes, such as eye, kidney, nerve, and vascular disease.

In brief: Unknown

Dr. Alan Feldman
Dr. Alan Feldman
Dr. Jack Hinkle