I have some cough with some sputam since 3 years, I have taken antibiotics but I could not get rid of it, ialso feel very minute difficulty on breathi?

Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Chronic bronchitis

Chronic bronchitis is a form of COPD and it is due to airway inflammation usually related to cigarette smoking.
Symptoms include productive cough and shortness of breath w/o symptoms of infection. It is not due to infection so antibiotics are ineffective. Treatment consists of smoking cessation, bronchodilator and often steroid inhalers. See your doctor for diagnosis/treatment. There is no cure.

In brief: Chronic bronchitis

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Cough and...

Your symptoms sound like chronic bronchitis.
You may need more than antibiotics. See your doctor, get a cultures of your sputum, and some testing to show the functions of your lungs. A lung specialist may be needed to further diagnosis and treatment your problem. Please stop smoking as soon as possible, if you have not already.

In brief: Cough and...

Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology