My 11yo has a swollen toe for two weeks now.  thought it might be an insect bite but hasn't gone away.  it hurts when he walks.  what can I do?

Dr. Charlene Sojico
In brief: Infection
Infected ingrown toenails or anything that had caused pus build up, abscess will cause swelling and pain.
Need to be treated with oral antibiotics.Refer to surgeon for incision and drainage if antibiotics failed.Possible admission for IV antibiotics depending on severity.

In brief: Infection
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Subir Mitra
In brief: Infection
This may be anything from a chronic infection to arthritis or even something else.
Since it has already been two weeks i would highly advise you to see your pediatrician for an exam.

In brief: Infection
Dr. Subir Mitra
Dr. Subir Mitra
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
In brief: Exam, no
Once the cause can be determined, treatment can begin.
The causes are numerous, in this case probably not just allergy.

In brief: Exam, no
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Cindy Juster