I have brown around my gums im very concerned an worried it could be cancer since I jist started smoking 6months ago do u think it could be?

Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Stop smoking

Brown discoloration to the teeth around the gum line can be caused from staining by smoking and consumption of carbonated beverages, tea and coffee.
Medications you are taking and some food can cause tooth stains as well. Stop smoking. Get a dental check and thorough cleaning. Any areas that look concerning can be biopsied.

In brief: Stop smoking

Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Pathology

In brief: Maybe

While cancer cannot be ruled out without examination, it is more likely to be discoloration due to smoking and poor hygiene.
Some drugs can also cause discoloration so tell your doctor of all medicines, including supplements you may be taking.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology