For the last week I have been having back pain between my shoulder blades . When i take a breath my chest and back get stabbing pains. Worse daily.

Dr. Brian Siegel
Pain Management

In brief: Couple of reasons

Could be a rib out of place, herniated disc or facet joint mediated pain, likely need to get imaging studies of your thoracic spine.

In brief: Couple of reasons

Dr. Devang Patel

In brief: URGENT

Please see a doctor right away as this can be many serious things.
If you are experiencing this now, go to er. Possible it could be a heart attack, aortic dissection, acute pancreatitis. These are a few of the most urgent problems that can be life threatening. Don't wait.

In brief: URGENT