How do I explain to people that my sjogrens is so much more than dry eyes & dry mouth? It's affected my lungs, joints, skin, & nervous system?

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology

In brief: Related to lupus

Sjogren's is related to other collagen vascular diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus and can in some cases have many systemic manifestation as you have noted.

In brief: Related to lupus

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Dr. Leon Katz
Bariatrics

In brief: Education

Probably would start by simply telling the person that sjorgens is a spectrum of diseases.
Give an analogy for example autism comes on a spectrum from barely functional to very highly functional geniuses. Your disease comes in a spectrum and so it may pronounce itself in multiple ways. Ultimately your friends will understand and ignorant people won't care to understand.

In brief: Education

Dr. Leon Katz
Dr. Leon Katz
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology