I was told the cause of bright red in my stool could be due to hemorrhoids or anal fissures? I do plan to see a doctor first thing tomorrow. Also I experience gassy stomach at times. Pls advice

Yes. Bright red blood can be from hemorrhoids and anal fissures. It depends on your age and risk of cancer. Seeing your doctor tomorrow is an excellent plan. He/she will ask you about family members and anyone with a diagnosis of cancer. A procedure may be required to make sure you don't have precancerous conditions. Hemorrhoids and anal fissures can be treated. Do not sit on the toilet to read.
Likely as advised. In a 25 yo person statistically hemorrhoids or fissure are most likely. If there is a history of crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis in the family then extra work up needed.
Gas. Many foods we eat can cause excessive gas due to undigested sugars. Try a supplement like beano which will break down those sugars. Good luck with your appointment about the bleeding.