What can I do to help my baby if he had a bad reaction to vaccines?

Reaction. There has been a controversy when it comes to vaccination and reactions to it. I strongly recommend that my patients educate themselves and take a proactive stand when it comes to theirs or their children's health. There are websites like: www.Mercola.Com, www.Russellblaylockmd.Com, www.Nvic.Org. You get the opinion of both osteopathic and allopathic physicians.
Pain reliever & TLC. Most "reactions" to vaccines are mild. Your baby may be sleeping, a little cranky, or be sore at the site of the injections. You can give Acetaminophen every 4 hrs, use warm compresses to the sore areas. If the baby has a fever over 101 degrees, or seems extremely irritable, call your doctor. Those types of reactions are very rare. All reactions pass within about 24-36 hrs after vaccination.
Plan with the doctor. Bad reactions to vaccines are extremely rare, so a parent can talk with the doctor to find out if a reaction is really from a vaccine, and also to estimate the likelihood of a repeat reaction if a future vaccination is given. A reaction to one vaccine doesn't necessarily mean there will be a reaction to a different vaccine, and there are many different baby vaccines during the first 2 years.
Tylenol (acetaminophen) Fever and fussiness are the only reactions you are likely to encounter, tylenol (acetaminophen) or Motrin is all you will need. Vaccines do not cause autism, seizure disorder, multiple sclerosis, brain damage, cerebral palsy, etc.
Supportive care. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is commonly used if there is a fever or pain. Fever control is important. Speak with your pediatrician about other approaches.