What can I do to help my baby if he had a bad reaction to vaccines?

Dr. CESAR HOLGADO

In brief: Reaction

There has been a controversy when it comes to vaccination and reactions to it.
I strongly recommend that my patients educate themselves and take a proactive stand when it comes to theirs or their children's health. There are websites like: www.Mercola.Com, www.Russellblaylockmd.Com, www.Nvic.Org. You get the opinion of both osteopathic and allopathic physicians.

In brief: Reaction

Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. CESAR HOLGADO
Dr. Pamela Lindor

In brief: Pain reliever & TLC

Most "reactions" to vaccines are mild.
Your baby may be sleeping, a little cranky, or be sore at the site of the injections. You can give Acetaminophen every 4 hrs, use warm compresses to the sore areas. If the baby has a fever over 101 degrees, or seems extremely irritable, call your doctor. Those types of reactions are very rare. All reactions pass within about 24-36 hrs after vaccination.

In brief: Pain reliever & TLC

Most "reactions" to vaccines are mild.
Dr. Pamela Lindor
Dr. Pamela Lindor

In brief: Plan with the doctor

Bad reactions to vaccines are extremely rare, so a parent can talk with the doctor to find out if a reaction is really from a vaccine, and also to estimate the likelihood of a repeat reaction if a future vaccination is given.
A reaction to one vaccine doesn't necessarily mean there will be a reaction to a different vaccine, and there are many different baby vaccines during the first 2 years.

In brief: Plan with the doctor

Dr. Kevin Windisch

In brief: Tylenol (acetaminophen)

Fever and fussiness are the only reactions you are likely to encounter, tylenol (acetaminophen) or Motrin is all you will need.

In brief: Tylenol (acetaminophen)

Vaccines do not cause autism, seizure disorder, multiple sclerosis, brain damage, cerebral palsy, etc.
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Supportive care

Tylenol (acetaminophen) is commonly used if there is a fever or pain.
Fever control is important. Speak with your pediatrician about other approaches.

In brief: Supportive care

Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer