What can I give my 20 month old son for swollen gums and blisters in mouth?

Pain relief. Pain relief with Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen based on the child's weight should help. You could also try over the counter oral gel for pain relief - but use this sparingly and try to use gel without local anesthetic. Hope your feels better.
It depends. Though tooth eruption may cause swollwn gum, it does not cause blisters. Blisters on the gums suggest a viral infection, most common one may be human herpes simplex virus, but could be other viruses such as coxackie virus that causes "herpangina". The best thing for you to do would be to take your baby to a pediatrician.