I have a difficult time falling asleep at night what can help me fall asleep?

Find the cause. If you have difficulty with falling asleep occasionally, over the counter Benadryl (diphenhydramine) (dipenhydramine) might help, or the use of medicines that work on the benzodiazepine receptor in the brain (zolpidem, temazepam). If it is frequent, it is important to find the cause for poor sleep, such as poor sleep habits, irregular schedules, sleep apnea, restless legs, pain, depression or anxiety.
Many things. Make sure room is dark, quiet and on the cooler side.Try not to watch the news before you go to bed.Make sure that you get in bed when you are sleepy and ready to go to bed rather that hanging out in bed before you are ready to sleep. You can learn how to meditate before bedtime or their is a practice calledyoga nidra which is great for sleep. Do not eat before bed.Avoid becoming dependent on meds.