Is the low carb diet a good diet?

Absoultely. It is the best diet to lose body fat and reverse metabolic syndrome. Most of our chronic degenerative diseases are caused by sugar and carbohydrate overload.
Low carbs is theBEST. Low carbs is the beeest! basically, your choices for each meal includes protein, fat, carbs, and veggies. It is always best to focus on protein and veggies. Avoid fats (fried foods, grease, etc. Avoid sugars and white carbs (white rice, bread, white pasta). Some brown carbs are ok since they seem to lead to a slower rise in sugar levels (keeps hunger from surging). Sooo, low carbs is the beeest!