Side effects. Of vytorin (ezetimibe and simvastatin). 10/80. I have beem using. For. 6 years?

Muscle weakness. Vytorin (ezetimibe and simvastatin) 10/80 contains 80mg of simvastatin. Studies have shown an increased incidence of muscle pain or weakness compared to lower doses or other statin drugs. It is currently recommended by the fda not to place new patients on this dose. But if you are doing well on this dose without problems and meeting your cholesterol goals there is no need to change.
Liver-muscles. Liver inflammation/ muscle inflammation causing pain and weakness. The muscle symptoms may start at anytime, regardless of how long you have been on it. Your doctor may check some labs for you periodically.