I was put in headlock yesterday and now have pain in neck...By muscles in neck..Took Aleve (naproxen) feel better.What else can I do?

Dr. Clarence Wimberly

In brief: Neck pain

You probably have a neck muscle strain.
Rest, heat and aleve (naproxen) should solve the problem.

In brief: Neck pain

You probably have a neck muscle strain.
Dr. Clarence Wimberly
Dr. Clarence Wimberly
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Cold pack

Cold compress to sore areas, can use bag of frozen peas wrapped in towel or t-shirt (just don't let totally thaw) for moldable cold therapy.
20 min on at a time, with the aleve, (naproxen) should help a lot. If neck strain not better in 3-5 days, see dr for exam.

In brief: Cold pack

Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Steve Drabek

In brief: Heat and stretch

Moist heat will help improve blood flow to those muscles and help relax and heal them but will take time.

In brief: Heat and stretch

Dr. Steve Drabek
Dr. Steve Drabek
Dr. Vikram Patel